Intra-North Europe (2013) Container Trade
More than 160 services ... provided by 40 carriers ... deploying container, Ro/Ro and multipurpose ships ... sizing 100 to 3,400 TEU ... serving over 500 million people ... through more than 130 ports in 19 countries ... with frequencies of between 2.5 days and monthly ... carrying around 8.5 million TEU of regional trade and feeder boxes ...
The Intra-North Europe Container Trade is the latest Dynamar Markets and Trades publication. This unique study scrutinizes the container trades within the near-triangle of which Reykjavik, Murmansk, St. Petersburg, Cadiz and Reykjavik are the ultimate ports, split into five main component trade regions. The report presents an in-depth analysed inventory of all shipping services, ships and carriers operating between and within those regions, the capacities supplied and volumes carried.
The extensive information in this study has been collected, researched, analysed and compiled in the period December 2012/mid-March 2013 - statistics cover minimum 3-year (country/region carryings) or 5-year (throughput) periods. Statistics of full TEU port-pair carryings are available at a modest fee.
A separate "Stop Press" chapter keeps track of last moment carrier/services developments. A Post-Publication section will be updated every month up to and including July 2013 - the report price includes a free subscription to those updates.
Essentially, this study, organised in five component trade areas: Baltic - Iberia Atlantic - Iceland-Faroes-Norway - North West Continent - UK/Ireland, provides an assessment of the overall Intra-North Europe trade with respect to its size (in terms of carryings, capacity and throughput) and an in-depth competition review (companies, services, ships, capacity analyses).
After the executive summary and introduction to the trade, amongst others, it discusses:
- Container shipping services and Trade overviews by main and sub-routes: services-carriers-ships-frequency-average and total capacity; services summary per carrier; calls per port in each region; services grids
- Brief trade related profiles of all 40 carriers participating to the intra-North Europe trade. Each profile tables the company's corporate and specific intra-North Europe highlights, including: intra-North Europe capacity (overall and by component trade), number of ships, share of total capacity, and so on
- Trade volumes - Carryings: 3-year full container volumes of intra-North Europe trade by port and by country, as well as by country for each component trade - Throughputs: 5-year total TEU handlings for all North European ports, sorted by component trade area
- Port and Terminals - intra-North Europe trade capacity per port, recent specific developments, main port transhipment shares, presence of Global Terminal Operators
- Intermodal competition - specific intra-Europe container equipment
- Trade and economic developments and performance, main moving commodities
- Short economy and trade profiles of all 19 North European seaboard countries
Dynamar Container Trades Reports - de facto consultancy studies at a fraction of the price of an exclusive project - this particular report is no exception!
Download table of contents
Table of contents